- The venture capital arm of Mexican cement manufacturer Cemex has selected 10 construction technology startups as finalists in its fourth competition designed to find new technologies that can aid the AEC industry.
- The 10 candidates — selected from 700 applicants — will compete virtually for gold medals in Cemex Ventures Construction Startup Competition 2020.
- Winners will have the opportunity to present their technologies in person at a “speed dating” event at BuiltWorlds Summit in May, should the conference go on in person as scheduled.
Representatives from the startups will pitch their solutions to a jury made up of executives from Cemex Ventures, Ferrovial, Hilti, Vinci Group’s Leonard and Nova by Saint-Gobain. There will be a remote audience for the digital session.
The finalists are:
- Beawre Digital. An artificial intelligence-driven SaaS platform reduces budget overruns and delays in projects in real time, enabling continuous operational risk control on processes.
- CarbiCrete. A cleantech company whose patented technology enables the production of cement-free, carbon-negative concrete made with industrial byproducts and captured carbon dioxide.
- Construyo. Europe’s first marketplace and SaaS solution for the AEC industry.
- Converge. A platform that combines the power of AI, BIM and physical sensor data to optimize productivity and sustainability for the construction lifecycle.
- Handle. A software and financing platform to help construction contractors and suppliers ensure payment and have better access to capital.
- HIBOO. A SaaS application that processes construction equipment data and makes it easily accessible to field operations.
- Modulous. A generative design software and standardized kit of parts that designs and delivers sustainable and affordable homes through a distributed network of local assembly partners.
- Okibo. An autonomous indoor robot for application of construction materials.
- Voyage Control. A SaaS platform to help construction firms manage their logistics and supply chain more efficiently as well as to support their compliance needs.
- WaveScan Technologies. Disruptive beam-forming electromagnetics firm that employs smart scanner systems and advanced AI algorithms.