Prominent construction contract claims and disputes expert, Stan B Williams, Esq. , announces the availability of the copyrighted and patent-pending software, The Construction Contract Claims and Disputes I.R.A.M. This announcement culminates a twenty-year pursuit to give the public construction contracting industry the first and only SOFTWARE SOLUTION to construction contract claims on projects governed by the Federal Acquisition Regulations (F.A.R.) and the Contract Disputes Act of 1978 (CDA-1978). This targeted market niche includes virtually all construction contracts awarded by federal, state, municipal and governmental agencies, and also non-public construction contracts that include the AIA Claims and Disputes clause. In essence, I.R.A.M. is needed for all construction contracts that contain some form of claims and disputes language. It is noteworthy that every dollar spent on every project of the federally-funded $110 billion dollar Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act of 2021 (IIJA)will be governed by the FAR and the CDA-1978!
According to F.A.R and the CDA, a successful construction claim requires two components; first the claimant must establish entitlement to the claimed issue, based on well-established case law and contract interpretation. Next, the claimant must calculate the quantum (damages) based on acceptable means, methods and theories of contract damages recovery. I.R.A.M. shows you how!
I.R.A.M. contains the eight (8) most common construction contract claims & disputes entitlement issues found on a typical public construction project: See I.R.A.M. Screens
And, for each potential entitlement, I.R.A.M. provides an in-depth analysis to determine whether the basis for a valid F.A.R. claim actually exists, whether a claim should be pursued, what, if any, damages (quantum) are involved, and finally, whether the pursuit of a claim is worth the effort. These decisions are made via I.R.A.M. by analyzing the facts of each situation: See I.R.A.M. Screens
WHAT IS I.R.A.M.?
The acronym I.R.A.M. stands for the various ways that the information in I.R.A.M. can be used when dealing with a fact situation that could potentially evolve into a formal contract claim pursuant to F.A.R. and the Contract Disputes Act of 1978:
- I. IDENTIFY / INVESTIGATE
- R. RECOGNIZE / RESEARCH
- A. AVOID / ADMINISTER
- M. MANAGE / MITIGATE
I.R.A.M. contains all the information needed to determine whether there is sufficient entitlement and quantum present in a particular fact situation for establishing a valid claim under the FAR and CDA. I.R.A.M. IS THE ONLY SOURCE OF THIS INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET.
In conclusion, every construction company that currently specializes in, occasionally works on, or is hoping to pursue, federal construction contracts in the future (e.g., IIJA), NEEDS A COPY of I.R.A.M. !
• Historically, a dispute is encountered on 5% - 10% of the provisions of every F.A.R. construction contract;
• With I.R.A.M., you have all the information you need to make the initial assessment of whether you have sufficient basis to file a F.A.R. claim;
• The information in IRAM can be retrieved, interpreted and applied by virtually any member of a construction company’s professional staff;
• I.R.A.M. saves its owner the cost of experts’ analysis time, which can be as high as 75% of the expert’s total fee; and finally,
• By analyzing the fact situation with I.R.A.M. before hiring an expert or attorney to officially file a F.A.R. claim, the I.R.A.M. owner will have an understanding of the strength of the claim, and the amount of quantum involved.