Procore offers daily data with launch of Construction Health Indicator
- Construction software company Procore has debuted its Construction Health Indicator, a daily barometer of the state of the industry, ForConstructionPros.com reported
- The Procore tool uses national and regional data on construction commodities, labor and investment to provide a real-time picture of the industry's economic drivers.
- The Health Indicator Index score, 60-100, measures the robustness of current construction industry market conditions and provides historical data for comparison.
Procore joins the ABC, American Institute of Architects, National Association of Homebuilders, Houzz and other industry associations and organizations who crunch the numbers and provide insight to the construction industry on a regular basis. However, Procore said it is the only one to provide this information on a real-time, daily basis.
Procore's project management tools include meeting minutes, drawing markups and document storage, and, unlike other companies in this space, the company charges per project instead of per user.
Procore is also part of a wave of construction tech startups that have come onto the scene in the last few years, as is Fieldwire, an industry mobile and web platform service. Women-owned Bridgit has also seen interest from investors for its construction "punch list" app called Closeout. Another tech company drawing interest, and taking advantage of the proliferation of smartphones, is Rhumbix, whose software collects data from workers' phones and sends it to construction managers.
- ForConstructionPros.com New Resource Provides Daily Insight into Construction Industry Health
- Procore.com Procore Construction Health Indicator
Follow Kim Slowey on Twitter