USIS has been providing clients with full service security solutions for over 30 years. Our extensive knowledge and list of services allow us to transition a project from startup to completion by offering a multitude of solutions for today's real-world problems. We begin with a comprehensive risk assessment and vulnerability analysis, continue with customized security systems using a variety of transport media, build-out the chosen systems and provide the subsequent required maintenance. In essence, we provide our clients with eyes around the clock.
Our Security Services include:
- Electronic Security & Safety Systems
- Video Surveillance
- Access Control Systems
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- CCTV Solutions
- Physical Security
The Security Technician (Low Voltage Technician) will install with or without direct supervision access control, video surveillance, intrusion alarm and intercom equipment, cable pathway systems, firestop and various cable components that includes but is not limited to: twisted pair cable, coax, stranded cable and solid conductor low voltage cable. Cable installation includes: placement, termination, testing, labeling and documentation.
LOW VOLTAGE TECHNICIAN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technician must maintain their own tools as required to perform access control, video surveillance, intercom and intrusion alarm installation work.
- Technician must maintain reliable transportation to get to and from the job sites.
- Technician must maintain a safety conscious work environment.
- Technician must wear proper attire while on project sites including safety equipment.
- Technician must adhere to company policies as detailed in the company handbook.
- Technician must follow direction of the site lead/foreman.
LOW VOLTAGE TECHNICIAN ACCOUNTABILITY AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Maintain performance ratings that meet company standards.
- Maintain a punctual attendance record.
- Maintain professional conduct at all times.
- Maintain clear and concise communication with the site lead/foreman.
- This position reports to the security group site lead, site foreman or other designated site manager.
- This position may be assigned to support a geographic region or one or more named project teams.
COMMON TASKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE LOW VOLTAGE TECHNICIAN POSITION
- Installation of access control system field devices (card readers, door position switches, motion REX devices, push button REX devices, etc.).
- Installation of access control system locking hardware (electric strikes, electric locksets, magnetic locksets, shear locks, electrified exit devices, etc.).
- Installation of access control system head end hardware (metal wire trough/raceway, access control panels, lock power supplies, fire alarm relay connection, etc.).
- Installation of video surveillance system field devices (IP cameras, analog cameras, wall mounting brackets, pole mounting brackets, parapet mounting brackets, etc.).
- Installation of video surveillance system head end hardware (network switches, patch panels, media converters, network video recorders, etc.).
- Installation of intrusion alarm field devices (PIR devices, glass break sensors, photo beams, keypads, etc.).
- Installation of intrusion alarm head end hardware (intrusion alarm panels, cellular communicators, low voltage power supplies, etc.).
- Installation of intercom field devices (surface and recessed mounted intercom or video intercom door stations, emergency intercom stations, intercom master stations, intercom sub-master stations, etc.).
- Installation of intercom head end hardware (intercom system central control units, intercom power supplies, interconnects for door release, etc.).
- Installation and termination of wiring for access control, video surveillance, intrusion alarm and intercom systems.
- Testing and troubleshooting of wiring for access control, video surveillance, intrusion alarm and intercom systems.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- This position includes outside travel to customers’ premises.
- This position includes working in active construction environments.
- This position includes working both indoors and outdoors.
BENEFITS: Vacation, Sick, Personal PTO | 401k w/ Match | Health/Dental/Vision
- Minimum three years of access control system installation experience in commercial applications.
- Minimum three years of IP video surveillance system installation experience in commercial applications.
- Access control and video surveillance system manufacturer certifications or equivalent training credentials.
- OSHA certification or equivalent safety training.
- Working knowledge of security industry wiring methods.
- Working knowledge of data cabling wiring standards and testing methods.
- Working knowledge of security industry trouble shooting methods.
- Working knowledge of the use of security industry test equipment (power meters, UTP testers, tone generators).
- State licensed preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.