Polk Mechanical is looking for the best and brightest in the market to join our high performing team. As a result of our unparalleled customer service and unique offerings our business is experiencing impressive growth and with growth comes great opportunity for those with the ambition to accomplish great things. A career at Polk is not just a job but an opportunity to join a family of people who care about each other and care about their customers. It’s no wonder our business and our team are growing.
Polk Mechanical’s Industrial group is a $25mm operation within the Polk Mechanical umbrella. This group primarily focuses on end user / owner direct contractual relationships in sectors like pulp and paper, building materials, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, and chemical blend plants. Due to our desire for responsible growth, we are now seeking additional expertise within our highly motivated estimating department. The position will report to the Vice President of the Industrial Group but will have daily interaction with our Pre-Construction Manager and estimating support team.
- Coordinates the pre-construction interface between sales and estimating to make sure estimating capacity and capabilities are used in the most productive and beneficial matter possible to achieve sales and marketing goals.
- Utilizes market condition information, knowledge of customer needs and competition capabilities, market niche histories, and the capabilities and availability of internal resources to meet current and projected workload needs.
- Develops, monitors and manages department processes and procedures to ensure department output realizes maximum productivity with the lowest attendant value of acceptable risk.
- Works under limited guidance with broad general supervision.
- Performs ancillary duties as required.
- 8+ years in mechanical contracting working as an estimator or similar function.
- Experience in system costs for various applications and building types.
- Interview experience in construction project presentations
- Extensive knowledge of how corporate objectives impact estimating, estimating strategies and techniques and of various types of construction contracts.
- Able to interpret contractual documents, plans, specifications.
- Some courses in basic mechanical systems and engineering concepts.
- Proficiency with computerized estimating systems.
- Proficient in using Microsoft office suite.
- Minimum of college degree or equivalent.
- Paid Holidays
- Career Advancement & Training Opportunities
- Technician tool account
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
Apply here today: https://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/job/335555?source=Construction_Dive