About Kiely Family of Companies:
The Kiely Family of Companies established in 1952 specializes in design – build. Its three business units civil, development and equipment serve the engineering, construction, real estate and manufacturing industries. As an ENR 600 company, heavily concentrated in the Northeast, the Kiely Family of Companies employs more than 1,000 team members throughout the United States and abroad.
We are looking to add a Project Manager/Cost Estimator to assist in the growth of our Water Resources Division. The Project Manager/Cost Estimator will be responsible for bid cost estimates for water and sanitary sewer projects being pursued and managing these projects through construction. This position will be responsible for project schedule preparation, costs and construction principles. The Project Manager/Cost Estimator will be a self-starter and work efficiently and independently, meet critical deadlines and be able to work as a part of a team.
Essential Job Duties:
- Knowledge and understanding of project specifications/construction processes for heavy underground water resources and mechanical construction projects
- Develop accurate, timely, and detailed cost estimates on large, complex heavy construction projects
- Review bid documents and make note of requirements, read plans, quantities, scheduling, forecasting, and estimating
- Work closely with clients, contractors, and third-party providers in development of a project.
- Responsible for the development, execution and ongoing maintenance of the Project Management Plan for each assigned project. This includes scope, schedule, cost, quality, communication, resource, issues, risks, change control and contractor management plans. Level of detail is driven by project size and complexity
- Generate RFIs for project clarification and/or requirements.
- Prepare bid proposals and SOW’s for submittal and follow–up.
- Expedite execution and return of subcontractor agreements and COI’s.
- Maintain organization of project information
- Providing timely and accurate material take offs
- Establishing and setting priorities according to your workload using time management and organizational skills
- Ability to read the construction bid process, interpret drawings, specifications, project date and commercial term
- Travel – 20% to construction job sites
- 5-7 years of experience in heavy construction estimating
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, math and problem solving skills
- Understanding of underground water resources: distribution and transmission mains, pump stations, treatment systems, and storage tanks
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and ability to recognize discrepancies
- Estimator and Project Management experience in heavy construction specifically in underground mechanical pipe
- Experience with the use of estimating software such as HeavyBid, Timberline; strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of the utility industry
- Understanding of utility expansion projects from feasibility concept, design, construction, startup, commissioning and transfer to operations
- College degree in Engineering, Construction Management and/or Business Administration
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with HCSS Heavy Bid estimating software; proven track record of successful estimating using HCSS software
Kiely Family of Companies is an equal opportunity, M / F / D / V employer.