The Construction Project Manager implements the overall project plan for construction activities delivering projects within budget and pre-determined time frames. This individual is responsible for overall management direction on multiple commercial construction projects while adhering to company culture, standards, and procedures as outlined by senior company leadership.
- Manage and Direct the project superintendent during project and through closeout
- Manage project schedules, resources, and budgets
- Work closely with company administrators to manage documentation and billing; such as purchase orders, change orders, and close out documents
- Communicate frequently and honestly with the client, internal team, subcontractor, vendors and material suppliers
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Work with and assist the estimating team before, during, and after projects are bid
- Represent the company through collaboration and interaction during project meetings and with project participants during the process to manage the project
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Safety and Quality Standards
- Review, set expectations, and manage the company safety program with Superintendent and Subcontractors
- Insure the project is constructed per plan and specifications with an exceptional quality
- Superintendent and Subcontractor Management
- Prequalify Subcontractors being contracted
- Frequent communication with the Superintendents regarding project status.
- Scheduling Superintendents and Subcontractors to ensure proper coordination of personnel to complete multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work with company administrators to gather close-out documents with correct data and information from Superintendents and Subcontractors
- Communication & Team Work
- Working with peers and management to find solutions for Superintendents and Subcontractors on job site questions/issues
- Maintaining consistent, professional communication with clients, team members, subcontractors, vendors and materials suppliers.
- Organization and Multi-Tasking
- Managing multiple schedules and budgets simultaneously.
- Ensuring all required documentation is completed and sent to the client timely and accurately. This includes but is not limited to purchase orders, change orders and close out documents.
- Submittals and RFI's
- Manage the process to gather submittals, obtain approvals, and distribute as necessary
- Manage the RFI process to ensure details are understood and implemented
- Track cost from start to finish
- Negotiate the correct scopes of work
- Issue the Notice of Award for contracts
- Issue purchase orders
- Manage change orders issued to subcontractors and owners
Qualifications, Skills & Experience, to include but not limited to:
- 5-10 years of commercial construction project management experience for a general contractor
- Excellent computer skills for Microsoft Applications, Estimating and Project Management Applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multiple task as required
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to sustain an environment of Integrity, Trust, and Respect
- Ability to know and understand construction plans, specifications, standard practices, means, and methods
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and with the project team
- Must be able to travel to projects; may require overnight travel for some projects.
All candidates will be subjected to a criminal background check and drug testing. EEO is the Law, for more information click here.