At Kwame Building Group, Inc. we represent the best interest of the Owner by saving construction project time and money. We do this by ensuring on-time design, less litigation, and on-budget project delivery. We are here to meet the needs of the Owner and provide the highest level of customer service and expertise – which builds long lasting relationships.
The Project Manager at Kwame Building Group is responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards. Responsibilities span a broad spectrum, covering all the areas of project management including Project Planning, Cost Management, Time Management, Quality Management, Contract Administration, and Safety Management. Ideal candidate will have experience in the management of projects within, but not limited to, infrastructure, healthcare, education and government.
GUIDELINE OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Conducts and interprets review of drawings and specifications.
- Provides requirement determination for building and facility projects including preliminary scope definitions and cost estimates.
- Performs professional duties related to submittals, schedules and shop drawing coordination.
- Interfaces with contractors, architects and various engineer firms.
- Provides professional construction management services on building/facility engineering issues and problems.
- Initiates communication with client/contractors to resolve unforeseen building and facility problems during construction.
- Identifies regulatory restraints and facilitates the exchange of information to expedite work.
- Provides technical assistance and solutions to the client requesting building and facility expertise.
- Coordinates the activities of both internal and external project team members
- Provides leadership and delegates tasks to a team of Kwame employees
- Thorough knowledge of scheduling and project controls
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors of Science degree (B.S.) in the area of engineering or equivalent from an accredited college or university; and five (5) plus year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Computer proficiency is essential (experience using Office 2010 (and later), mainly Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) is preferred. P.E. required.